Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Community, Senior Adoptions, No Place for Hate

Welcome back everyone,

Last week was so busy and was definitely the first time that I truly felt that school was back in full swing. On top of talking about community with each of my classes we did many get to know you games and ended the week with the yard toss activity where we made a huge web across the room and shared out facts about each other. During our group activity surrounding what it means to be in a community I learned about the different communities they are a apart of and also realized that a struggle for them was critically thinking about the challenges of being a part of a community. We related community to our class, the school, commerce city, our country, and the world- the bigger picture of humanity as a community.


After school on Thursday was the very first No Place for Hate club meeting! We did introductions and recruited many new members of all ages from around the school. With homecoming around the corner, we really have to get a lot of planning done in regards to our float and fundraisers.

Last week was also Senior Adoptions after school Although I was here last year, this was my first time to participate as I had many seniors asking if I would be at the ceremony. I ended up adopting 19 senior daughters and sons! I am so honored to be chosen to be their senior mom, I held up one hand before signing the contract and promised to do everything in my power to support them during their last year here. Looks like I will be giving out many Christmas presents, lol!!!







Until next week,
Ms. Castro


No comments:

Post a Comment