Monday, May 14, 2018

Year End Event Celebration & Marijuana Unit Presentations

LAST WEEK RULED!!!

This blog entry is coming at you full force with photos galore 😀
To sum up the most memorable events that occurred at the Broncos Stadium last Wednesday, Adams City High School did an excellent job of representing the school! Students showed up and showed out, including our Mentor Leaders and Mentee of the year, who all gave outstanding speeches. Four of our senior students won scholarships and two other students, Shalayah Davis and Janette Alvarez, were recognized for their hard work this year in YESS.  

  • $500 scholarship to Martin Hernandez
  • $500 scholarship to Karina Rodriguez
  • $1,000 scholarship to Genavee Gonzales
  • $2,000 scholarship to Anahi Quezada
  • Mentee of the year - Shlayah Davis
  • Mentor of the year - Janette Alvarez


I'm really excited that I got a chance to get this group photo to remember my first year as a teacher. I will miss each face individually once summer gets out!


I have not seen Sergio smile this big in my whole LIFE! Zach Kerr really brought the smiles, they were totally star struck. I'm glad I have this picture because it gives me the warmest fuzziest feeling.


They were so stoked about the locker room tour even though it smelled like straight up B.O!


Carlos, Kevin, and I chillin' in the game day suite! So cool!


Here's a creative student who wanted to stand out in her shirt on the day of the event. She used tie-dye colors to make it one of a kind :-) 

In class last week we tackled the Consuming Cannabis unit where we learned about the facts, the risks, and the different methods of consuming marijuana. Here are some presentations that represented what they learned. I took many pics because it was the seniors' last presentation of their high school career!!! Monumental!





It was bittersweet seeing them present for the final time. And on that same day we had the changing of the seats traditional pep rally where the seniors gave out a rose to a teacher who has impacted them. It was a tearful afternoon to say the least. I am so proud of the young people I have had the privilege of teaching this past year, they have grown so much in such a short amount of time... And so have I!

 I can't wait to see them graduate this weekend! More pics to come from the ceremony!



Until next week,
Ms. C




2 comments:

  1. That's quite a few well-deserved roses Erica!!! Nice work. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you rocked and rocked and rocked and rocked.... congrats to all!! Love these young adults!!

    ReplyDelete