Monday, October 8, 2018

Time Capsules & On Wednesdays We Wear Pink

Welcome back Eagles!

Last week got off to a spooky start with the kick off of my favorite month of the year! I am so excited about Halloween that I have started playing Halloween music and I am refusing to take off my pumpkin sweater and ghost socks. The kids definitely think it is weird but I enjoy being their weird teacher every chance that I get!

The week started off by finishing up last minute interviews from students who were absent the week before and then we moved into Time Capsules. We discussed the purpose of time capsules, which then shot off into discussions about aliens, time travel, and various conspiracy theories. They discussed what they would leave behind for someone in the future to discover about them and it was interesting to see what people thought would be valuable, whether that be bags of hot cheetos, cell phones, letters, or photographs of themselves... selfies. They had the opportunity to make thier own time capsules which would all fit into an envelope and be returned back to them on the last day of school. On the hand outs, they had the opportunity to outline what was going on in thier life at this moment in time and what they hope for the future. My favorite part was the last page where students were to include artifacts that were important to them, whether that be movie tickets, wrappers, photos, printed out screen shots, or necklaces. I am excited to see their faces when they open these at the end of the year because if it is anything like last year, it will surprise the kids as most of them forgot ever doing the project! I'm excited for that full circle moment although the scariest part is that the last day of school will be here before I know it!!!

In other news, October 3rd was National Mean Girls day and it totally made my year that so many kids in my 2nd period participated in the made up holiday by wearing pink to class! LOL



Here were some examples of their full and beautiful little time capsules.

Until next week,
Ms. C

No comments:

Post a Comment