Monday, April 16, 2018

Testing, Gender Bender day, & PROM!

Another week in the books here at Adams City!

There is not much to report curriculum wise as last week was state wide testing. I worked as a hall monitor and a proctor and luckily I saw many of my students on during testing days so I was able to give them whispers/high fives of encouragement!

Thursday after testing was Gender Bender day for our spirit week and some of my students really got into it... Yes, all of these students are male identifying, ha! I love that they don't take themselves too seriously, they are hilarious. Kahlil (far left) looks just like his mom and Carlos (second to the left) is wearing a real weave and his mom's heels... I CAN'T WITH THEM!


Also, this past weekend was the Senior Prom! I went with some teacher friends and embarrassed the kids on the dance floor, it was great! But in all seriousness, I probably teared up about a total of 4 times because I could not handle how grown up my students looked. They really went all out, I was so stunned at the sheer beauty and class of my seniors! Seeing my boys in suits reminded me of the amazing young men they are becoming and how lucky and honored I am to be able to send them into society and the beginning of adulthood. These three boys in particular (below) are some of the most gentle, kind hearted, sincerely genuine humans in my life and I am so happy to keep up with what they will accomplish in the future. *tear*



Jorge and Jen! Jen is the one who won the Daniel's fund. Jorge is a student who I have known for years, I have watched them both come out of their shells and become comfortable in their own skin over the years and it was amazing to see them in their truest most fabulous form. They busted a move together in the middle of the dance circle, I was SCREAMING! I love them!

Until next week,
Ms. Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment