Monday, April 30, 2018

YESS Breakfast & Unit 2 Projects

Good morning everyone,

This morning I officially turned my calendar to the last month of school, I cannot believe it!!! The weeks are skipping by. Last week went by especially fast because of how busy it was. Between meetings about 8th grade night, the YESS breakfast, and the last minute cancellation of classes on Friday for walk outs, it seems like there was barely any time for the kids to be working in class! However, last week was important for the kids as they started and finished their Unit 2 project. This week they are presenting them, they turned out so cool and I'm excited to hear the reflection they wrote as they are presenting both a written essay about their favorite lesson and an artsy PSA poster! Pics to come.

Here are some shots from this week:


My cutie pie mentor leaders in their fancy YESS shirts with their fancy tri-fold at the fancy YESS breakfast!

Here is a cool shot I got from the red for ed protest at the Denver capital to support teachers' fight for more funding. It was awesome to feel solidarity among everyone and to feel support by a lot of people who were not teachers. (I went after work hours by the way, ha!)

Until next week,
Ms. Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment